The human eye is incredibly precise. Nevertheless, when it comes to industrial inspection, it falls short compared to industrial cameras. With the right camera, the material-specific characteristics of targets can be fully and accurately inspected — literally “seeing the unseen” — so that a vision system’s reliability is significantly enhanced for optimal results. Properties of light that are invisible to the human eye make an important, rapidly increasing contribution to the reliability of industrial quality control.
SWIR – The Classic InvisibleIn applications such as detecting defects in semiconductor wafers, or locating contamination of food products, Short Wave Infrared (SWIR) inspection systems have already established themselves as proven solutions. Other use cases where SWIR has been highly successful can be found in the identification of materials and various chemicals, as well as in detecting moisture or liquids. More and more application developers are discovering the advantages of SWIR for reliable inspection. SVS-Vistek is an innovator in SWIR technology, having introduced a new line of cameras featuring the Sony SenSWIR sensor, which offers important advantages:
- A single sensor for all wavelengths from 400 – 1,700nm.
- High resolution, high dynamic range
- Increased dynamic range and best image homogeneity with 2-point NUC (non-uniformity correction)
- Industrial design with GenTL drivers
- Integrated power multi channel strobe controller
- Economical GigE and powerful CoaXPress-12 interfaces